The Top Ten Probiotic Foods
If you are interested in leading a health lifestyle, it’s wise to eat a diet of probiotic-rich foods. Probiotics are good bacteria, playing an important role in good digestive, metabolic, and immune system health. They can also improve mood, break down allergy-causing proteins, and accelerate fat loss.
These top ten probiotic foods make getting healthy delicious:
- Yogurt: Yogurts made with natural ingredients are unmatched in their probiotic benefits.
- Miso Soup: This traditional Japanese first course is made with Miso, a fermented soybean paste.
- Kefir: Very similar to yogurt, but is actually 99% lactose free.
- Sauerkraut: Rich in healthy live cultures, sauerkraut is made from fermented cabbage.
- Whole grains: Along with sourdough bread, whole grains contain a great deal of probiotics that may help digestion.
- Pickles: Pickles are a common and convenient source of probiotics.
- Soft Cheese: Lactobacillus strains have been found in some soft cheeses like Gouda.
- Tempeh: Made from soy protein, tempeh is a meat substitute filled with B12 and probiotics.
- Kimchi: Kimichi is a side dish of fermented and pickled cabbage that’s very popular in Korea. It can be pretty spicy, but it contains many vitamins, calcium, and probiotics.
- Dark Chocolate: Depending on the quality, dark chocolate can have up to four times more probiotics than dairy products. (And there are even more reasons to eat chocolate more often…)
For more healthy food facts, click here.