Pineapple Juice: Nature’s Cough Syrup
Do you love the tropical, tangy flavor that comes with pineapple juice?
Well, now you have a reason to love it even more.
Believe it or not, pineapple juice is more effective for suppressing a cough than cough syrup is.
Pineapple juice offers this incredible range of health benefits:
- Pineapple juice has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- It can suppress coughs.
- One serving contains 50 percent of your daily vitamin C needs.
- It helps to soothe a sore throat that is caused by excessive coughing.
- It helps to expel mucous from the body.
- Pineapple juice can help you recover from your illness 5x faster.
- Those who drank pineapple juice saw a decrease in all symptoms related to coughing.
Most cough syrups found in drugstores have all kinds of ingredients that your body may react poorly to. Pineapple juice is a natural alternative to these medicines that were created in a lab. It also saves your from the horrible medicinal taste.
If you’re struggling to fight a persistent cough, try this pineapple cough suppressant recipe two to three times a day:
Pineapple Cough Suppressant Recipe
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 piece of ginger (about 3 inches)
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
Featured Image by Kyle McDonald/flickr.com (CC-BY 2.0 Licence)