7 Habits of Truly Happy People
Happy people generally lead longer and healthier lives, so it’s no wonder why everyone is striving to find a steady stream of joy.
So, if everyone wants to be happy, and our quality of living is better than it has ever been, why are there so many unhappy people?
Here are some tips for leading a truly happy life:
- Live in the now: We miss our opportunity to be happy when we have an “I’ll be happy when…” attitude. I’ll be happy when I get the car I want; I’ll be happy when I fall in love; I’ll be happy when I have my dream job. Money doesn’t guarantee happiness; so appreciate the things in your life now.
- Stop feeling sorry for yourself: Self-pity may seem comforting, but it actually pulls you down further. Leave your past in the past and stop complaining, worrying, and blaming others. Instead, focus on finding solutions to your problems and on your future.
- Question your thoughts: 80 percent of our daily thoughts are negative. Very often, our thoughts aren’t true and lead to emotional suffering.
- Focus on gratitude: List the things you’re grateful for. If you have a hard day at work, remember the man who can’t find a job. Counting your blessings in this way can make a huge difference.
- Find your purpose: Your purpose in life is bigger than your career choice. Find what inspires you and gives your life meaning and do it in any way you can.
- Be kind: Kindness is a form of happiness of which everyone is capable. The more you give, the more you will receive. Time, donations, and even a compliment can make a huge difference in someone’s life.
- Overcome pride: Control your mouth and overcome your negative energy.
Everyone can experience happiness, you just have to decide that you want it in your life.