5 Reasons Why You Need Coconut Oil in Your Life
True, it does have a high fat content. But the fats found in coconut oil are healthy and very beneficial to your body and health and cater to a more holistic lifestyle. If you’ve ever tried it before, there’s no denying the great smell or the delicious taste of coconut oil.
Make sure you only use certified organic extra virgin coconut oil.
Here are just some of the ways in which you can change your lifestyle and start reaping the benefits of coconut oil:
- If you suffer from dandruff, use coconut oil as a conditioner and hair treatment. Because it’s rich in antioxidants, it can nourish and repair damaged hair. It also has antibacterial properties, which reduce and combat scalp flakes.
- Looking to have a brilliant smile? Oil pulling with coconut oil can vastly improve your oral hygiene. You could see whiter teeth, fight plaque and gum disease, and reduce tooth decay.
- For those struggling to slim down, coconut oil is great for weight management because it boosts the metabolism. The boost of energy provided by the oil will burn excess fat as well as regulate your weight.
- Improve your immunity with coconut oil. It strengthens the immune system and contains a potent fungal and bacterial killing agent.
- Dry, cracked, or flaking skin can be embarrassing. But coconut oil can also be used as a natural moisturizer for all skin types. Simply rub some onto your problem areas and regain the beautiful glow of your skin.
With such a wide array of benefits, coconut oil truly is incredible!
By using this holistic alternative, you can reduce the amount of chemical products you purchase and consume. Your taste buds and body will thank you for it.
Featured Image by: Phu Thinh Co/flickr.com (CC-BY 2.0 License)