5 Natural Ways to Cure Insomnia
Sleep is one of the essential building blocks to good health. If you’re having trouble falling asleep or continually wake up during the night, these five tips could help you achieve the best rest you’ve ever had:
- Change your diet: Instead of eating carbohydrates before bed, which can keep you awake, try eating quality fats like avocado or yogurt.
- Reduce stress: Staring at screens such as the TV or computer just before bed time can make it difficult to sleep. Entertain yourself through relaxing by journaling or reading a book.
- Take quality supplements: Taking 400-500 mg of Magnesium in bed can help to improve the quality of sleep.
- Use essential oils: Rub a few drops of essential oils like lavender or chamomile on your neck before going to bed. Alternatively, try taking a detox bath with Epsom salts.
- Improve sleeping conditions: Make your room more inviting to sleep in by lowering your home’s temperature to the 60s, making sure your bed is comfortable, and keeping your room dark and ventilated.
What’s great about these tips is that most of them won’t even cost you a dime. They’re low risk and easy, meaning you could improve the way you sleep as early as tonight!
What are your personal tips to improve sleep? Let us know in the comments below!
Image Credits: Featured image by elias quezada/flickr.com (CC BY-SA 2.0 License)